I don't know about you, but after some binge sewing I get a hefty pile of scarps to contend with. So what can we do with the scraps? We came up with a fun list of 12 different ideas of scrap busting projects:
- Scrunchies - Who doesn't love a good scrunchie? I know I always have scrap fabric and elastic kicking around my sewing room. (Image and link from A little craft in your day)
- Scrap Quilt - A quilt is a blanket made from love! I have seen some beautiful quilts made from old clothing (babies and children) and scrap fabric like the Confetti Quilt from Stitched in Color!
- Face Mask - Face masks are around to stay, for a while anyways. So lets have some fun, get creative and use up some scraps to keep ourselves safe. Love this face mask pattern from Shannie Makes (image from Shannie Makes)
- Decorations - Search Scrap Fabric Decorations on Pinterest and be prepared for a flood of super cool ideas and crafts to use up your scraps.
- Mug Cozy - Everyone wants to be cozy when the cold hits... even your mugs! Check out this free pattern for a Coffee Cozy from Melly Sew's (picture from Melly)
- Head Bands - I don't know about you but my hair has a mind of its own and I can never have enough elastics or headbands kicking around. Try 1 or 4 of these tested Headband Tutorials from Swoodson Says.
- Camera Strap Cover - I love the Idea of being able to personalize my camera strap. I found this great tutorial to help do just that! Check out this Scrappy Camera Strap from Flamingo Toes. (picture from Flamingo Toes)
- Throw Pillow Cover - Just like making a quilt from scraps, adopt the same process and make beautiful, eclectic pillow covers for you home or gifts.
- Beanie - Where we live in Ontario, Canada there's varying degrees of cold. During fall and Spring there's time when you want your head covered but not necessarily a toque. A slouchy beanie pattern for the family is exactly what I need, from Melly Sew's (Picture from Melly)
- Barbie or Doll clothes - My daughter is just getting into Barbie's and cannot get enough different outfits, so being able to sew cute little outfits for Barbie on all her different adventures is a plus. Checkout this blog with 10 different patterns for Barbie, from Premeditated Leftovers.
- Sleep Cap - There's many reasons to want to sleep with a sleep cap, its great for a deep conditioning, curly hair or if you are prone to knotted hair from sleeping (my girls). I found this great pattern for a shower cap and used left over fabric I had to make one for sleep instead of the shower. Sew Shower Cap tutorial from Melly Sew's (she has tutorials for everything!)
- Scrap Binding - I love the idea of using your scarp materials for binding! How smart! I found this great Tutorial for How to Scrap Binding from The Sewing Loft. (picture from the sewing loft)
I know I will be using a bunch of these ideas for my scarp pile. What are some of your favorite things to do with scraps?