FEATURED SHOP OF THE WEEK Ele & Ela
Posted: Sep 29 2014
1. What is your business name and how did you come up with the name?
Ele & Ela, meaning He & She in Portuguese.
2. What do you sew?
bandana style bibs with organic bamboo cotton fleece as backing
3. What inspired you to start your own home-based business? Do you have any employees?
While on maternity leave I decided to buy a sewing machine on sale. I hadn't sewed since grade home education class. While on the look for stylish bibs for my little one to wear I decided to create my own. friends loved them so I started to sell them on Etsy.
4. What is your favorite part about sewing?
Topstitching, because it means I am almost done the bib.
5. What is your favorite sewing tip/trick you wish you had of known ages ago?!
Using shearing scissors to create that jigsaw effect so once turned over the fabric sits better. Prefer that method vs cutting slits.
6. What is your favorite SIMPLIFI textile and why?
Handsdown the Organic Bamboo cotton fleece. All my customers love the feel & just gets softer with each wash.
7. Website address?
8. Do you have a brick'n'mortar store?
No, but I do sell wholesale to a store in NYC called Fine & Dandy.
Here are some examples of Ele & Ela's Work: