DIY: Zuchinni Salsa
Much to my dismay, we are going through my summer canning way to fast! First to go was Zucchini Salsa, although not fresh my garden, it does the trick! I choose to purchase through our local co-op, and organic, what you decide is personal preference.
12 cups of zucchini chopped or shredded (peeled is optional! make sure to decore!)
4 peppers (red/green/yellow)
7-8 cups tomatoes (diced)
2/3 Himalayan salt + 1 Tbsp
3 tbsp Dry Mustard
4 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp Pepper
want it hotter?
1. Shred/Peel Zucchini (KitchenAid Food Processor is AMAZING for this!) Mix in 1 tbsp, cover and leave overnight
2. Rince the mix well, and put into a pot.
3. Prepare jars by washing with hot soapy water. Place rims and tops in saucepan and boil.
3. Cook mixture until bubbling, ladle into your prepared jars.
4. I use a pressure canner for 12 minutes or 20-minute water bath. (I allow my pressure canner to come down in pressure on its own)
5. Remove rings, and store unstacked in a cool dry place.